The 1878 Buffalo Bill Billboard is now on view to the general public in Bill's Place located between Full Moon Rising Bakery and the theater entrance!
Bill's Place is open 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. Tues., Thurs. & Fri., 10 a.m. until 10 p.m. Wed. and Sat., and 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. Sunday. Enter through Full Moon Rising Bakery at the corner of 3rd and Spring Streets in Jamestown.
Bill's Place is also open one hour prior to and during events and movies at Reg Lenna Center for The Arts. Enter through the Reg Lenna Box Office/Concession area at 116 E. 3rd St. under the Marquee.
One of the oldest existing billboards in the United States is displayed here at Reg Lenna Center for The Arts! Originally pasted on an exterior building wall on Pine Street in 1878, this advertisement for a play about Buffalo Bill Cody was rediscovered in 2002 behind a crumbling wall. Quick thinking by Reg staff, led by Keith Schmidt, led to a preservation effort. Board members, Mike Flaxman and Pat Anzideo championed and saw through the restoration of the 6 panels measuring 24 feet by 6 feet together.
Archival video of restoration by Ed Tomassini.